Terms & Conditions
SW Computer Repairs Cyf, us or we refer to the owner of the website whose registered office is 8, Llanquian Close, Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan. CF71 7HQ. Our company is registered in Wales (13217588). The term you refer to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website is bound by the following terms:
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator is acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by SW Computer Repairs Cyf and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are, able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SW computer Repairs Cyf. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, SW Computer Repairs Cyf takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
All payments need to be made on or before the deadline set on the invoice or direct debit. Failure to pay on time could accrue a late payment fee of £25 if gone over a 5day grace period. All on going services could be terminated if failure to the remaining balance plus the late payment fee within 14 days of being issued with the late payment fee.
The late payment fee may be waivered if the following has been done:
1. The customer notifies us of their issue paying the amount by the date given
2. The customer works with SW Computer Repairs Cyf to create a reasonable payment plan
3. All payments in the new payment plan are made on time
Payment plans can be setup as direct debits or as standing orders only. Other payment methods can only be used to pay of the remaining balance owed as one payment.
Cheques are only accepted for amounts over £50.
Cash payments are only accepted for amounts below £100.
On your receipt please be aware that cheques will be marked as cash payments as Zettle treat them the same way.
We can also send invoices and payment links that can be paid off using the bellow methods. We accept
The cards listed below are always accepted:
1. American Express
2. Apple Pay
3. China Union Pay
4. Diners Club International
6. Google Pay
10. Samsung Pay
11. V Pay
13. Visa Electron
Other cards are not guaranteed to work with the card payment system SW Computer Repairs Cyf are using. Magnetic Swipe Cards are unfortunately not accepted.
PayPal payment is also possible via a unique on off QR code if the customer has the following:
1. a device that can read QR codes such as a phone or tablet
2. A PayPal account that is active
Invoice reminders are sent out by both Zettle and SW Computer Repairs. SW Computer Repairs Cyf will limit the number of reminders for failure to pay an invoice to 5. Each reminder SW Computer Repairs Cyf sends out will incur a fee of £10.
Direct debit reminders are sent out by SW Computer Repairs Cyf only. Each reminder after the 5day grace reminder will incur a fee of £10. This is to recuperate some of the costs of not charging interest.
BACS payments can also be made to:
• SW Computer Repairs Cyf
• Sort Code: 08-71-99
• Account Number: 02985206
These are treated as direct debits when on a payment plan.
If your equipment is still under warranty and a repair is required SW Computer Repairs Cyf advises the customer to check with the warranty provider if the repair is covered as this can save the customer the most money.
If the repair is not covered it can still be worth getting a quote from the warranty provider. SW Computer Repairs Cyf only provides a guarantee for the time span of the warranty of the part that has been replaced for the following conditions:
1. The part has failed due to manufacturing defect
2. The part has failed due to installation issues
SW Computer Repairs does not cover failure of parts at all unless they are covered in the above statements. Damage caused by any other means will require a repair bill to be made out to SW Computer Repairs Cyf.
SW Computer Repairs Cyf can and may provide advice on the care of your device this advice does not replace the care advice of your device’s manufacturer. Manufacturer’s advice should always take precedent over SW Computer Repairs Cyf advice.
SW Computer Repairs Cyf replaces parts like for like unless stated otherwise due to the customer wanting an upgrade to be made. SW Computer Repairs Cyf will do all its power to check that parts will work for your setup but this can not always be guaranteed if the device and part is outside manufacturers support.
Packages and Services
All customers on a package will be notified if changes are being made to the package with at least 3 months’ notice. Changes to services can happen without notice.
The help desk may not always be available due to limitations in the system due to the following:
Lack of signal when working in remote areas
Operator dealing with another issue. In this case a call back will be made if the following is done:
Number is available
Number is provided in a voice message
If a call back is not possible, we would be appreciated that you call us again.
It may not always be possible for the operator to answer the call if they are with a customer. If this the case the operator will request for a time to phone you back.
Some issues may not be able to be fixed by the help desk, in these conditions you will be notified that a technician will need to look at the system. You may be able to make the appointment on the help desk.
Our help desk is operated as far as possible 24 hours a day.
Please not the technicians working between 19:00 and 09:00 will have to be paid more as they are working out of hours.
Emergencies should always go through the help desk. They will let you know when they can get the issue looked at. All emergencies are liable to a service charge.
The Help Desk number is: 02922647767
SW Computer Repairs Cyf can not make any guarantees to what data can be recovered from its data recovery services. It is possible that the HDD may have to be sent off to a lab to recover the data. If this is required SW Computer Repairs Cyf will notify the customer and provide them with the cost this can involve. Please be aware that the data recovery packages are scaled to the condition that the HDD drive is in not to the amount of data that can be recovered.
If data can not be recovered from the hard drive the customer will only have to pay the postage fee for the HDD if it has gone to the lab of £25. If the hard drive was opened before it was sent off then the fee will be £80. SW Computer Repairs Cyf will never open a HDD in order to recover data only to destroy the device beyond repair.
The term HDD can be replaced with any other data storage device as needed. HDD is used to make things easier only.
Any amendments made to the terms and conditions will be made available on SW Computer Repairs Cyf website and on request. Updates can happen without notice.
Gift Cards, Vouchers and Discount Codes
All SW Computer Repairs Cyf gift cards have the starting letters GC followed by a string of unique numbers and/or letters. Gift cards can be used on any service and are transferable.
All SW Computer Repairs Cyf vouchers have the starting letters VC followed by a string of unique numbers and/or letters. Vouchers can be used on any service and are non-transferable.
All SW Computer Repairs Cyf discount codes have the starting letters DC followed by a string of unique numbers and/or letters. Discount codes can only be used on certain services as stated by the codes set conditions and are transferrable.
All gift cards, vouchers and discount codes are restricted to a single year of use. Services will be discounted by the amount set on the code if the total amount payable is more than what is contained on the code. The code will then be cancelled after use.
Only gift cards and vouchers can have a possible balance on them after use. This is only possible if the amount on the code is greater than the cost of services. If this happens you will be issued with a receipt stating how much is left of the code.